A tried and tested track record of excellence in cyber security training
UMBC Training Centers is the premier provider of technical, engineering and professional skills training in the Mid-Atlantic region for individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies. Their exclusive Rapid Applied Learning (RALTM) unites highly interactive, participatory learning and exceptional content with UMBC’s instructional excellence. Founded in 2000, UMBC Training Centers is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. UMBC Training Centers is developing a partnership with Cape Augusta to open a multi-classroom, state of the art training facility in Augusta, Georgia in 2017.
In July of 2015, UMBC Training Centers acquired and merged with /training/etc another high quality training vendor operating out of Columbia, MD. The merger expands the technical competency and capability of UMBC Training Centers and allows us to provide additional vendor certifications to our clients including Redhat, Hortonworks and VMware.
KEY FACTS ABOUT UMBC TRAINING CENTERS
- Established by UMBC in 2000 to provide technical, engineering and professional skills training in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Core program areas include: Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Engineering, Project Management and Leadership.
- Extends UMBC’s instructional excellence to individuals and organizations through the delivery of high-quality training programs.
- Our exclusive Rapid Applied Learning (RALTM) is delivered by expert instructors with deep practical experience and a passion for teaching others, creating learning experiences that make the acquisition of skills effective, efficient and engaging.
- Speed, flexibility and responsiveness enable us to adapt quickly to meet changing skills requirements and client-specific needs.
- Train in a classroom, online, or at your own pace – any time of the week.
- In cooperation with a wide-range of industry partners, we ensure our class participants learn skills that are effective today and in the future.
- Training Centers is an Authorized Certification Testing Center for Prometric and Pearson/VUE.
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
- Member of the University System of Maryland
- Fall 2014 Enrollment: 13,979 – Undergraduate: 11,379 | Graduate: 2,600
- Strengths in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Education
- Receives approximately $100M in annual federal funding for research
- In 2014, for the sixth year in a row, U.S. News & World Report America’s Best Colleges Guide named UMBC #1 in up-and-coming national universities
- Among top three Ph.D granting universities nationally in Information Technology President Freeman A. Hrabowski, III, has been named one of “The 10 Best College Presidents” in the U.S. by Time Magazine
- NSA and DHS sponsored Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education
- (CAE) and Center of Academic Excellence in Research (CAE-R)
- UMBC is a key supporter of the Maryland Cyber Challenge and Conference (MDC3)
ABOUT THE CYBER SECURITY ACADEMY
Building on our 10 years of experience in providing IT and Cyber training to industry and government, in 2010 UMBC Training Centers launched the Cybersecurity Academy. It provides highly-focused skills training and practical experience to address the cyber workforce training needs of the military, the intelligence community, federal civilian agencies, and the commercial sector in the Mid-Atlantic region. The Cybersecurity Academy includes four certificate programs: Cyber Foundations, Cybersecurity, Cyber Development and Cyber Operations. Utilizing Rapid Applied Learning (RALTM) – a UMBC Training Centers exclusive –these certificate programs combine multiple skills training and hands-on problem solving guided by expert instructors to create high-impact learning. The skills mastered in the programs prepare participants with immediate, on-the-job effectiveness to tackle real-world situations.
Cybersecurity Academy Mission
- Uphold UMBC’s exceptional academic standards and reputation
- Educate students at all levels: from advanced, highly-skilled professionals to entry-level
- Continuously expand and innovate professional and specialized skills programs
- Teach anywhere in the world and cyberspace
- Increase the number of qualified US Cyber professionals
- Leverage the full range of capabilities from our academic and applied programs and faculty
- Ensure rapid evolution of content and programs to keep pace with the dynamic nature of Cyber
- Partner with Government and Industry on new program development and student financial aid
- Deliver exceptional student experiences and learning outcomes